Online/Mixed Group Classes for all ages and breeds
We have online group classes suitable for dogs of all ages and breeds and we like to focus more on your dog’s education and welfare, so they can make the right choices, rather than training them to behave automatically! ‘
For puppies under 20 weeks, we recommend Puppy Club and you can sign up on the Puppy Club page. (Please note that whilst Puppy Club is usually at our local venue, we are currently only running online).
After Puppy Club, for novice puppies and older dogs with no previous training, we have Primary School, and then Secondary School follows on from there.
If you’d like to register for one of our courses, please fill in the form below (for Puppy Club, go to the Puppy Club page.
Primary School Pups
Our 6 weeks live video-call Primary School Course is a group class in which you can learn all the exercises from the comfort of your home, with no external distractions and gradually build up the distractions with our help!
- Live online classes in which you’ll learn the exercises and do them on camera so we can help you with anything you struggle with there and then.
- No distraction of other dogs/smells/people when first learning the exercises as you’re in your own home environment.
- You’ll learn how to ‘proof’ your training so that your dog moves up to much higher distractions more reliably.
- You’ll have access to a Facebook Group for just your class in which you can arrange meets to practice with other class members* once your dog is ready to work around others.
- There will be a weekly prize for the best video of a given exercise in the Facebook Group
- Myself, and my assistants will be in the Facebook Group through the week to help with any difficulties you have so you won’t have to wait until the next session. You’ll be encouraged to post videos and questions.
- You’ll get a recorded version of each lesson as well so if you can’t attend one, or you need a refresher, you can watch it in your own time.
- You’ll get a copy of any slides with notes in from the lesson to refresh your memory.
- We teach with a force-free philosophy using rewards as motivation and you’ll learn how to identify what best motivates your dog, how to make rewards more enticing and how to deliver rewards differently for the best results.
- You’ll learn real life skills for your dog, rather than just obedience exercises and be able to produce results in lots of different environments.
- You don’t even need to trek out in the rain, find a parking place, or get home late! It’s all done from home!
- It doesn’t matter if your dog is reactive to other dogs/people – they can still take part!
- There’ll be a maximum of 5 people to each class to ensure I can see you all and give you all enough time.
In ‘non pandemic’ times, we would have an optional weekly ‘practice class’ at one of our Sheffield venues for you to practice around other dogs and distractions when you’ve already learned the exercises at home.